Darn it! I was hoping I might escape this meme but my friend Paul Rouget nabbed me!
- Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the
links to their blogs.
- Let them know they've been tagged.
- I have 4 children (all girls) ages 15, 13, 10 & 8 months. They're the loves of my life.
- My wife and I met on Match.com. After my divorce, the last thing I was interested in was the club scene so I gave online dating a try. I almost gave up on it after a couple of not-so-great dates and the date with my wife was going to be my last. As luck would have it, I met the most awesome woman in the world and the rest is history.
- When I was younger, I aspired to be a comic strip artist. I had the talent to draw but I think I was entirely too logical so the humor aspect of that just wasn't there. Bloom County is my all time favorite strip and I think Berke Breathed is a comic genius.
- Baseball was my passion and I played the sport for 12 years. I started off as a catcher and then shifted to first base. I hit .634 my sophomore year and .585 my junior year before getting into an argument with the head coach and skipping my senior year. I ran cross-country my senior year and won Outstanding Cross Country athelete.
- The first language that I coded in professional was a dBase-like compiled variant called Clipper. It was PC-based and I truly loved it. My friend Tony DelCampo was my mentor and taught me a ton of coding principles that no college class bothered to cover. I actually learned about OOP using Clipper because there was a 3rd party lib called Classy which provided OOP capability.
- I didn't have a girlfriend until I was a junior in high school. I was WAY TOO introverted and had an extremely hard time socializing, especially with girls.
- I've competed nationally in paintball and took second place at a major tournament.
Seven people who shall also have to go through this harrowing
- John Resig, because a little part of me wishes I could be as cool and collected as he is when put on a panel.
- Nick Nguyen, because if I didn't antagonize my boss, then how can I sleep at night! ;)
- Carsten Book (AKA TomCat), because he has the coolest nickname ever!
- Brian King, because Brian impressed the crap out of me at Add-on-Con and I want to make sure more people know about him!
- Karen Prescott, because she continues to be patient with me even after I ask silly questions.
- Fred Wenzel, because I know he'll always hook me up if I need some coding help
- Sean Alamares, because he's a cool cat.