Tane Piper today released v1.3 of his jQuery mapping plugin with the following major updates:
- Added support for creating Yahoo! Maps, can create Map,
Satallite or Hybrid. Check out available options below
- Added support for creating points on Yahoo! maps.
- Added support for creating Polylines on Yahoo! maps.
- Added support for GeoRSS files on both Yahoo! and Google maps, as well as existing KML support for Google, method
- Name was changed from .addKml to .addRss
- Moved directions search out of main namespace, now function that is called from within plugin by providing fields
- Added Yahoo! Geocoding support
This was a fairly big update and allows developers to take advantage of either Google or Yahoo maps from one codebase!
Tane is already working on v1.4 which will include:
- Add in custom icon support for points.
- Add support for Google Points Manager
- Add support for overlays
and possible support Microsoft Live maps.