Rey Bango

Web developer, honey badger

One year ago today, my dad passed away

I can’t believe it’s been a year. A whole year since my dad lost his fight with cancer. The pain has definitely subsided over that time, especially knowing that he isn’t suffering anymore. No more shitty chemo. No more convulsions. No more meds. No more being an invalid. And that’s good because my dad hated being dependent on anyone.

Tonight, I’ll join my family in a service to remember my dad. And that’s good because we all need some closure.

We miss you dad.

Category: Family

Tagged:

8 Responses

1. Elijah Manor says:

It is great that you had a service to remember him. It is good to honor him like that and great for the rest of your family to remember as well. The fact that you blogged about this shows some of that closure. God bless you during this tough time.

2. d says:

I argued with you about the essential list of books you referenced a while back and I generally post comments very infrequently. But I did want to wish you the best in coping and offer support in dealing with something that i’m sure is still very tough. Best of luck and God Bless!

• Rey Bango says:

@d: Thank you for the kind words. Sorry I didn’t reply sooner but I missed the comment, most likely because my mind was somewhere else that day. :)

3. Doug Holland says:

Hey Rey,

I think that you brought a smile upon your dads face in heaven with that post.

God bless!

- Doug

4. Lindsay Oliver says:

I am very sorry. Your father is so proud of you and so happy that you are having a service to remember him. My dad passed away just 2 months ago, August 28th. It was on my parents 28th wedding anniversary. My dad had a heart attack and I still can’t understand or come to peace with it. I miss him so much and I can’t get it out of my head. I really don’t know how to handle it. I have been seeing an advisor to talk to someone, it is just so hard. Do you have any advice as to how you handled it. Again I am so sorry. Your dad is looking down smiling at you right now. Best wishes

Lindsay

5. Lindsay says:

Thank you very much. It feels like every day gets harder and harder. I have been having a lot of dreams of him, which is really nice to see him. thanks again.

Lindsay

Learn JavaScript!

What to Read to Get Up to Speed in JavaScript.

The best books & blogs for learning JavaScript development. Broken down by experience levels!

My BIG LIST of JavaScript, CSS & HTML Development Tools, Libraries, Projects, and Books.

Constantly updated with the latest and greatest tools. Check it out!